Back up with True Image

ternard 15:17 04 Apr 04

I want to back up HD with True Image
Which is the best way, CD's or external Hard Drive.

pj123 15:32 04 Apr 04

I have used Acronis True Image only once to backup to CDRs. But that was some months ago now. As I have not had to do a "Restore" it would be difficult to say which system is best. Maybe the best way is to backup to CD and External hard disk and then test each one. I don't think I would like to try a "restore" unless it was absolutely necessary though.

TommyRed 15:52 04 Apr 04

I have True Image and backed up my PC not long after I'd got it and had loaded most of my programs/utilities on. I had to restore it once and I'm glad to say it worked. Surely half a dozen discs or so is cheaper than an external hard drive. HTH TR

iqs 16:00 04 Apr 04

i have seen many programs which will back up the harddrive....back up how.does it compile all programs that are installed,so you can reinstall in one go.or are the programs the installed versions ?.as you can tell im a novice.thanks iqs

Diodorus Siculus 16:06 04 Apr 04

iqs - click here for a good guide to backing up. Should answer your queries.

iqs 18:49 04 Apr 04

thanks for the link.iqs

ternard 00:14 06 Apr 04

Thanks for all the replies, and thanks for the link diodorus. That is certainly a comprehensive instruction

hugh-265156 00:25 06 Apr 04

i have used acronis to back up to cdr and also used it to restore from them.

it would depend on how big the image you create is.mine was a fresh updated copy of xp with a few essentials installed and at around 4gigs with a bit of compression took up 6 cdrs.to restore from these took around 15 mins to be up and running again.

any image larger than this and i would say back up to another hard drive would be the best way.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…