Back up programs to External hard drive

birdface 08:51 03 Oct 09

I have an external Hard drive that I have never used,My Brother in Law put some photos in it just to make sure it was working.
Now I will be changing to Windows7 shortly just wondering if I can take any of my Security programs with me including Incredimail.Or am I better just reinstalling them again on the new tower.
If I can save them how would I go about it.
Lets just say that I wanted to save A Squared Anti-malware can I do it and how.

GANDALF <|:-)> 08:55 03 Oct 09

Save all your personal details and install W7. Migrating programmes can be fraught with problems. Save your documents, emails, address book, personal details etc., to the hard drive or to a memory stick. Check that they are all there, load Windows 7 and load all the programmes that you will need. Then load all your personal details. It does not take too long if you are methodical. I tend to load all the progammes that I will need as .exe files on a memory stick or external HD.

G

birdface 09:14 03 Oct 09

Ok.I was thinking along those lines that a fresh install of my Security programs might be best.
Not got a lot to save from this computer as I had to do a reformat recently.
But I will get the external hard drive out and start practicing.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…