back up program?

ste_bla 23:41 05 Jun 04

I have two Hard Drives one is smaller than the other and is just used as a back upof drivers, exe files,music etc

Is there a simple program which will copy a folder (eg c:/music) to a distination on the d: drive with one click?

I know copy and paste but then gotta find lots of folders and click yes and so on.. dont want it to be an image type thing; so i could easily put inside another comp and use instantly

WinXP

ste_bla 23:47 05 Jun 04

One thought i had was creatin some sort of dos copy command in form of a exe file is that possible??

Fruit Bat 23:52 05 Jun 04

A short . bat file something like

copy c:\my music\*.* d:\my music

I think should copy all files in c:\my music to the same folder on d drive.

ste_bla 00:03 06 Jun 04

so how would i but that into a bat file?

would it be like write in txt file and change extention?

ste_bla 00:08 06 Jun 04

oh nevermind i managed it, how would i go about doing more than one folder copy?

just put it on next line?

prehaps i should experiment...

TomJerry 01:35 06 Jun 04

click here, some people say their computer cannot without it.

faintly curious 01:47 06 Jun 04

A simple solution would be to create a 'Windows Briefcase' on your desktop, add a 'sync' copy of all your files to this, and when you want to backup, simply update the briefcase files and copy this to the other hard drive.

ste_bla 02:38 06 Jun 04

TomJerry
I did find that on my searcheshowever didnt even try it due to the fact i a) want something free b) dont have a credit card or PayPal.

Faintly Curious
Didnt relise you could use that from one drive to another, however looking for it i dont seem to have it, it isnt in the components in the add/rmove box howdoi get it? OS-WinXP

faintly curious 00:56 07 Jun 04

Creating a new briefcase should be simple - just use explorer to navigate to the drive you want to use, right-click on an empty part of the window and you should be able to choose New/Briefcase from the context menu.

ste_bla 02:25 07 Jun 04

Oh yea silly billy me!

I will try it later cheers

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Hands-on: Acer Predator Triton 700 review

D&AD Awards 2017: see the best design, advertising, illustration, animation and VR of the past year

How to lose weight with an Apple Watch