back up program?

ste_bla 23:41 05 Jun 04

I have two Hard Drives one is smaller than the other and is just used as a back upof drivers, exe files,music etc

Is there a simple program which will copy a folder (eg c:/music) to a distination on the d: drive with one click?

I know copy and paste but then gotta find lots of folders and click yes and so on.. dont want it to be an image type thing; so i could easily put inside another comp and use instantly

WinXP

ste_bla 23:47 05 Jun 04

One thought i had was creatin some sort of dos copy command in form of a exe file is that possible??

Fruit Bat 23:52 05 Jun 04

A short . bat file something like

copy c:\my music\*.* d:\my music

I think should copy all files in c:\my music to the same folder on d drive.

ste_bla 00:03 06 Jun 04

so how would i but that into a bat file?

would it be like write in txt file and change extention?

ste_bla 00:08 06 Jun 04

oh nevermind i managed it, how would i go about doing more than one folder copy?

just put it on next line?

prehaps i should experiment...

TomJerry 01:35 06 Jun 04

click here, some people say their computer cannot without it.

faintly curious 01:47 06 Jun 04

A simple solution would be to create a 'Windows Briefcase' on your desktop, add a 'sync' copy of all your files to this, and when you want to backup, simply update the briefcase files and copy this to the other hard drive.

ste_bla 02:38 06 Jun 04

TomJerry
I did find that on my searcheshowever didnt even try it due to the fact i a) want something free b) dont have a credit card or PayPal.

Faintly Curious
Didnt relise you could use that from one drive to another, however looking for it i dont seem to have it, it isnt in the components in the add/rmove box howdoi get it? OS-WinXP

faintly curious 00:56 07 Jun 04

Creating a new briefcase should be simple - just use explorer to navigate to the drive you want to use, right-click on an empty part of the window and you should be able to choose New/Briefcase from the context menu.

ste_bla 02:25 07 Jun 04

Oh yea silly billy me!

I will try it later cheers

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…