Back up problems with Multi DVD drive

Dumble452 19:01 09 May 04

I have successfully loaded XP Back up from the CD but now my DVD does not recognise a blank DVD-R disk. I have 2 drives, a CD-RW and a DVD-RW but "My Computer" is showing 3 drives CD-RW drive,DVD-RAM drive and DVD drive. When I put the blank disk in my DVD-RW drive the DVD-RAM icon then changes to CD drive! If I try to run the back-up program I get a message "unsupported media"

How do I get the computer to recognise the drive as a DVD-RW drive?

The DVD-RW is a LG Super Multi DVD drive GSA-4081B which supports CD-R, CD-RW, DVD-R, DVD-RW, DVD+R,DVD+RW, and DVD-RAM

Also, should I upgrade to Nero 6 as I see that has a built-in back-up facility?

crx1600 19:27 09 May 04

i've never used XP's back-up tool, but if it uses XP's own CD writing facility, this won't recognise DVD's as a recordable media.

XP's own recording is CD-R/RW only.

perhaps you could save the XP back-up to a HDD partition, then use nero to that file to DVD.

Dumble452 22:11 09 May 04

I've located the problem with the drives. I tried out Daemon Tools which sets up a virtual drive. It sounds as if Nero may be the way forward.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…