Back up problems

Dazza40 20:34 23 Jun 05

Since I installed a Lexmark P3150 printer with card readers I seem to be unable to run the back up program. When I select the CRRW drive I get a message "Drive F:\is empty when there is a new CDRW in the drive. It appears to me that the card readers overwrite the CDRW drive?

PC is running oin XP. Any ideas?

mattyc_92 20:40 23 Jun 05

What backup program are we talking about?

Dazza40 08:57 24 Jun 05

The standard XP back up utility

mattyc_92 12:08 24 Jun 05

Try right-clicking onto the drive and select "properties".... Click onto the "Recording" tab and then make sure that the "Enable recording on this drive" tick-box is ticked and click OK

GroupFC 12:43 24 Jun 05

I may be wrong but I thought that the standard XP back up utility doesn't support direct backing up to CD, so it may not be anything to do with the printer or have I misunderstood the problem? Have you previously been able to do this?

I understood that to use the XP back up facility you had to back up to your HD and then burn the resulting .bkf file to CD.

mattyc_92 12:56 24 Jun 05

I forgot about that... I don't think that Windows Backup can backup onto removeable media... well, execpt floppy disks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Surface PC live stream | Surface PC release date, price, spec rumours: All-in-one…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

Apple's event invitations decoded: A look back at 16 of Apple's most cryptic invites | Clues in…