back to Outlook Express

Dasmad 22:55 04 Sep 10

I've had my problems and now am back home with OE set as default under WinXP, but I still have Moz T'bird installed, and plan to retain it.

I now find that if I attempt to send an email containing a picture by using "send to" out of Explorer, it will use TB as its default, and start and open a new email in TB, even though OE is already running (and is set as the default email client)..........I normally use this method because it automatically downsizes pics, whereas just attaching leaves them same size.

Dasmad 22:56 04 Sep 10

so what I'm asking is can somebody tell me how to correct this pls. ?

Sea Urchin 23:08 04 Sep 10

Although you think OE is your default program it seems that it's not - read this tutorial and make sure everything agrees. Notice in particular the link right at the bottom of the page - when you click it (using IE) it will open whichever is your default email program.

click here

Dasmad 10:04 06 Sep 10

yes, I think I'm clear on this, but links out of browser (firefox) open OE mails as expected, whereas a "send this by email" out of a win explorer folder starts and opens a mail in T'bird. I think the problem is somehow deeper........

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac