back up O/S only

Ray5776 16:24 17 May 08

Hi, I have posted on this before but think I have closed the threads, there does not seem to be a "My postings" link in the home page anymore.

I want to back up just the O/S XPpro to a CD using Aconis V10. Need some guidance on this please, other than follow the instuctions.

Ray

Pamy 16:28 17 May 08

My Postings.. top of the page white letters on red backgroud.

Ray5776 16:32 17 May 08

so it is, silly me, thanks.
did not used be there though :)

Pamy 16:33 17 May 08

Believe you just choose the partition that your O/S is on and take an image of it. When you nead to restore it, it you can remove anything else that was on there.

Ray5776 16:44 17 May 08

Hi Pamy, I see what you are saying and I have a full image for back up purposes.
What I actually want to do is just back up the O/S so that if I want a clean start with just the O/s loaded
I have that option.
If I do a full restore of the image how will I know what to remove?

Ray5776 16:49 17 May 08

Cant I just back up the WINDOWS folder or is it more complex as I expect.
Ray

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 16:52 17 May 08

No

its a lot more complex that that, otherwise there would be a lot more pirate copies of windows.

Pamy 16:53 17 May 08

Just remove any prog that you do not want eg. AVG, Norton Ghost, Paint shop pro, Ms office etc. etc.
If you only wanted an image of the operating system you shoud had made an image when you first installed it on your HDD. Do you see what I mean?

Ray5776 17:10 17 May 08

Pamy,
Yes I do see what you mean, but this is the first computer I have bought that does not have an O/S disk with it so I was hoping to create one but not so simple it seems.
I also see your point Fruitbat, fair comment it would open the doors to piracy.

Ray

Pamy 17:16 17 May 08

Ray5776, it is simple, just take an image of the C: drive that has you O/S on it and ur to disk.

You may have other progs on it but at leased you have an image of te O/S.

Pamy 17:16 17 May 08

ur = burn

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Best iMovie for Mac tips 2017 | How to edit video with iMovie: 26 brilliant video editing tricks…