Back up options

steve2507 22:31 30 Apr 03

Hi,

I would like some advice if possible.

I run a small Internet business that is now beginning to take off. It is now getting to the stage where I realise that I should be making more regular back-ups of my data.

Currently I use a zip drive and an external hard drive but realise that these back-ups take too long and rely on me remembering to do them. I am looking to purchase some sort of tape drive that is reasonably priced and comes with software that schedules back-ups everyday.

I would appreciate anybodies suggestions and/or advice on this.

Thanks

Steve

codfanglers 23:14 30 Apr 03

click here Try this it's free

deecee50 23:49 30 Apr 03

convert your machine to a mirror raid system this will protest against hd failure , then use backup software to backup onto the hard disk itself, you will then have two copies of everything protecting you against software corruption . if you fit the 2nd HD in a removable caddy this will allow you to remove a copy from site in case of fire or burglary .
Alternatively set up an account with an internet backup company where your info is backed up onto their site automatically each day

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…