back up music question

charlton200 14:55 26 May 07

Hello,
I have 14GB of mp3's on my PC, in my music folder. About 120 albums or around that mark.
Is there a free on line storage that will back them up or will it be best to put the on DVD. I don't want to lose them again if I had another crash.
If I put them on DVD it will be too much for one DVD I expect, so how many do you think would fit on one.
Also, if I copied them to DVD would it be OK just to right click-copy then paste or would it be best to go through a program, I have pinnacle software.

Thanks for any advice you give me.

baldtaco 18:11 26 May 07

charlton200, hola

Whilst you could upload them to somewhere the sizes we are considering make that a very inefficient option. They happily fit on 4* plain vanilla DVDs. Copy / paste is all you'll need.

It might be worth you considering getting a cheapy second hard drive if your collection is going to grow.

charlton200 18:53 26 May 07

many thanks
i have been thinking about a second hard drive , how big does it have to be?

Thanks.

bruno 07:47 27 May 07

I bought a second hard drive for the same purpose.It is 80gb and cost about £30 from Novatech.I use a programme called Back2zipfolder back up which transfers any new additions automatically at intervals you choose.

charlton200 08:29 27 May 07

I have a look on Novatech website, I don'tlive to far from them anyway.
Can't seem to find the program you mention though.

Cheers

missingit 09:02 27 May 07

Back2zip
click here

charlton200 09:08 27 May 07

Thank you.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…