Back Up information:

23790954 17:49 21 Apr 07

Once again I am asking for you decent PC enthusiats help regarding back-up. At my age, and I am NO spring checken, I am finding this subject difficult to grasp. I need to be able to back up files, usually only my documents, on a weekly basis, in such a way that 1/ the back up can be perused by putting the back up system into another computer; AND 2/ the back up can be restored to a completely different computer should the original computer become non functional. I would like any explanations, in lay mans terms, on the type of back-up source I should consider, the best software to carry out this back-up, and a fair idea on how I would go about carrying out this operation. The computer has windows XP installed + DVD Rom and DVD WR/R.

Kate B 17:56 21 Apr 07

It depends on how much data you want to back up, but I think the simplest option is an external hard drive. Something like this click here should do the trick for a reasonable price. You just plug it in to a USB port and Windows will see it when you open up My Computer. It probably comes with back-up software, or you can get Windows to do a scheduled back-up, or - simplest, I think - just do it manually. Should your old PC fail or you want to transfer the data to another machine, just unplug it from your PC and into the other one and again, Windows will see it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Microsoft Surface Studio hands-on review: the iMac killer is here

Best Mac antivirus 2017