Back up Hard Drive ???

Dirty Dick 16:30 17 Feb 05

I've got to send my Hewlett Packard Laptop back to them for some warranty work. They said I should back up all my info. Can anyone tell me how to do that?

stlucia 16:38 17 Feb 05

Depends on what hardware you've got, what's wrong with it, and how much data you've got.

Is there a working CD burner in the laptop? Or do you have a USB pen storage device? You can copy data to either of those using Windows File Manager.

Dirty Dick 16:43 17 Feb 05

Running XP home, with CD Burner, and USB connecters. The problem with the laptop is the Power Connection at the rear is loose on the motherboardbut if I jiggle the connection I still get power to run & cahrge. HP say it will probably need a new motherboard, but they can't guarantee not losing any data. Where will I find Windows File manager.

FelixTCat 17:01 17 Feb 05

You could also remove the laptop hard drive and plug it into your desktop with an adapter.

Look here: click here or here: click here or here: click here

Copy the files you need. You can then continue to work on them. When the laptop comes back, you can just reverse the process.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Surface PC live stream | Surface PC release date, price, spec rumours: All-in-one…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

Apple's event invitations decoded: A look back at 16 of Apple's most cryptic invites | Clues in…