Back Up a Hard Disk Drive onto A CD-R

acsmanhtml12 19:22 01 May 06

Is there anyway to back up my hard disk on to a blank CD-R. If it requires any FREE software then I am happy to download it as long as it is realitively small as I am on a Dial-Up connection. Is there a way to do this in windows. I am running a Win Xp Home Pc ,laptop with 512 MB of ram and and 55.87GB HDD

keewaa 19:29 01 May 06

For a full image of everything a program like acronis true image or norton ghost will work.

For just a backup of your files, you need to work out what you want and where they are. For me it is a case of looking through My Documents and either backing up that folder or only the folders I want + favourites + emails + address book, but you need to be sure you get everything.

I'm sure there is a windows backup utility but I do more of a manual process.

terryf 19:31 01 May 06

Left click on your desktop, press F1 and type backup in the window. This will advise you on Win backup. Remember cd capacity 650 mb, Progs and os on your HD? In explorer right click on c drive and choose properties to find out how big. I would personally recommend if your budget will stretch to it to get an another hd (or an ext HD) and Acronis.

acsmanhtml12 19:34 01 May 06

I was thinking about buying one of the external HDD but want a way to back up everthing. I also wondered wether it is cheaper to buy a new 80GB HDD and a enclosure? Any ideas for this and if so how much? HOw much would I be looking at for your suggestions

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 6 simple tips to get more out of…