back to factory seting

apollogeemark 21:26 09 Jun 04

I did a complete re-format or whatever it does when you use the option to go back to the state the comp was when it left the factory etc.

The only problem is now I cant seem to down load sp1.Its says on the download site page that i need to download it
Its there in control panel/add or remove programs section, there about 10 different lines saying hotfix with different numbers included in the line, of sp1 in there.
Also a sp2.

Does this cause the problem im having ,i.e. it don’t install because it already there.
Or should it ,as it says i need to do, be able to load this.

rawprawn 21:32 09 Jun 04

When you got your computer did it come with SP1 already loaded or did you put it on? Also SP2 is still a beta version which I am running, did you put that on? or did you mean SP2 in internet explorer?

stalion 21:36 09 Jun 04

I think you will find the the hotfixes are listed under a heading of sp2 which is some what confusing try this to see what you have on tour computer belarc advisor click here

apollogeemark 21:38 09 Jun 04

Hi The sp1 was i think already on the computer.
I got it about 12 month ago.

The sp2 im not sure if its internet explorer,its just in the programs section,it says win XP hotfix (sp2) see Q329115.

rawprawn 21:53 09 Jun 04

I would suggest removing the SP1 in add/remove, but when I loaded it it gave me the option of making a restore point of all files before loading to be able to uninstall. but I would try uninstalling and the reinstall. If you have problems try in safe mode.Before you do that do take stalions advice and get Belarc so that we know exactly what you have on your computer.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Apple Event as it happened | Apple October Event live blog: Apple unveils new MacBook Pro at…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Graeme Messer's exhibition aims to challenge fears and insecurities

New MacBook Pro release date, price and specs | New MacBook Pro 2016 announced: Now with Touch Bar…