back-up emails in Outlook.

Boy Zone 19:20 30 Mar 04

Hi to you all,

I currently use Outlook express as my default Email system, but everyone keeps telling me that Outlook is best.
I know how to back-up all my emails, plus address list in O/E, but how do I do this in Outlook?
And what advantages do you think O/L has over O/E.
Should I bother?

joelmb 19:46 30 Mar 04

You simply go to File>Import and export>Export to a file.

I used to use OE but changed to Outlook when I got my fancy new smartphone which uses outlook to synchronise and download my tasks, diary, emails etc. I've never seen a major advantage in upgrading from OE before this, but have never looked back after, it's brilliant simply for this.

If all you want is a mail client then OE is your best option.

If you want integrated contacts, appointments, diary reminders, calander, notes, journal, far more ability to organise emails.......

I prefer Outlook and the above is only half the list!

Boy Zone 21:20 31 Mar 04

Thanks for you reply,
But when I go file >export> what type of file do I choose? There are quite a ffew to pick at.

Gman 21:38 31 Mar 04

Backup the file called pst

The best option is .pst and then select the top folder (personal folders) and set to include sub folders.

While you are at it, why not download the .pst backup utility from Microsoft? This sets an automatic backup to a location of your choice of the .pst folders from which you can restore data in the event it is needed.

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…