back up disk

reen 15:52 18 Jan 06

i've just bought medion 350 and it dosn't come with a restore disk. anybody tell me how to make a disk that will restore to original settings if needed.

PaulB2005 15:55 18 Jan 06

Use software like Acronis True Image click here

reen 16:03 18 Jan 06

thanks PaulB but looking for something free

Methedrine 16:05 18 Jan 06

click here

Never tried this, so...

reen 16:19 18 Jan 06

anyone know if i can use nero to do this as it is pre installed

PaulB2005 16:22 18 Jan 06

EzBackitup won't work. Great backup program (i use it myself) but not a Restore program.

Nero is also good for backups but you can't make a restore disk with it.

I don't know of any free Disk Imaging software (which is what you are after) however I'm worried about the PC not coming with some sort of recovery disk. Are you sure there isn't a recovery option somewhere you can invoke when needed?

I thought all manufacturers had to provide OS disks at least????

Gongoozler 16:58 18 Jan 06

Try Medion email support at click here, they should be able to tell how to restore your installion.

reen 18:01 18 Jan 06

all that is supplied is a operating system cd for software that is preinstalled on hard drive

PaulB2005 20:36 18 Jan 06

"all that is supplied is a operating system cd for software that is preinstalled on hard drive"

That is your Restore disk then - surely?

reen 16:17 19 Jan 06

ooops.
didn't realize this is all i needed.my last pc came with a restore disk and a copy of windows and i was looking for same.
thanks for all your help,no doubt i'll be back with other postings when i hit a new problem

PaulB2005 21:03 19 Jan 06

Double check with the PC manual that it is the Recovery Disk.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…