Back Again XP restore point's

woodchip 23:17 29 Apr 04

How do I know if this new Comp is active for a Restore point, and How does one create one to restore. I am being lazy instead of looking for it sorry

johnnyrocker 23:20 29 Apr 04

start/programs/systemtools/systemrestore and when you get there it offers you two choices i e restore to earlier or create the choice as they say is yours.

johnny.

johnnyrocker 23:20 29 Apr 04

accessories after programs sorry.

johnny

woodchip 23:23 29 Apr 04

How do I know if Restore Is actively creating points, and where are the backups stored in. Is it the Windows Folder or what Thanks.

johnnyrocker 23:29 29 Apr 04

you need to do what i suggested and if you choose option restore to an earlier point/time it should present you with a calendar with some dates highlighted or coulored differently, thes will be earlier restore created points.

johnny.

Forum Editor 23:44 29 Apr 04

facility (start/programs/accessories/system tools/system restore) you'll see the existing restore points marked on a calendar. The restore points aren't backups in the true sense of the word - they're snapshots of the system registry and computer configuration at specific moments, such as when you add new hardware or software, new drivers, or Windows updates for instance. The information that's recorded is limited to certain file types - .exe and .dll. None of your personal data files are included in (or affected by)the restore points.

Restore points are automatically set each time you make changes to software installations, or when you install and unsigned driver, and a restore point is created every 24 hours when the computer is running, or when Windows detects that it's been 24 hours since the last restore point was created. By default restore points are deleted when they're 90 days old to conserve hard drive space. You can also delete restore points yourself.

The system restore points are held in the C:\system volume information folder, in a directory called: _restore

johnnyrocker 23:45 29 Apr 04

explicitly explained fe are you not working a tad late?;)

johnny.

woodchip 23:52 29 Apr 04

Thank's for that clear and informative response, It could have come direct from the Help files I have just been reading on the new computer behind me. Thank's once again China it makes a change to have some help from forum members on a new Operating System. I am gradually finding my way around it. And to johnnyrocker thank's

VoG II 23:02 30 Apr 04

You finally took the plunge!

woodchip 23:12 30 Apr 04

Yes got new Comp from MAKRO But still using Old 98se as Internet and main comp. I am finding my way slowly as they like changing thing round. And I thought that only women did that

cream. 23:23 30 Apr 04

Hi woodchip

Hope the new computer goes well for you. It won't be long before you are the bees knees with XP. ;-)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation technologies coming to Siggraph 2017

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5