Back up Advice please

Rebanut 14:43 19 Jan 09

Firstly I am what I believe is known as a siver surfer and I struggle sometimes with pc's, I have an Evesham pc with XP and am going to buy a freecom 500gb external hard drive, are the software products such as Acronis True Image or Ghost easy to use, or maybe there other ones to consider, I am one of these people that havent backed up anything so could you give me some advice please, thank you.

MAJ 14:48 19 Jan 09

Each package has their own supporters, Rebanut, I prefer Acronis True Image, but both are pretty good and worth the money. Yes they are relatively easy to use, Acronis comes with a comprehensive manual which can be a chore to get through, but a lot of members here use it, so you'll never be short of straightforward, and easy to understand, help. Not as many members use Ghost.

Rebanut 14:50 19 Jan 09

Many many thanks for your quick reply.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 15:00 19 Jan 09

Just bought ATI Home 2009 have been using 7 for years.

easy to set up a weekly schedule to back up both drives

Rebanut 15:16 19 Jan 09

Excuse my ignorance but whats the difference between ATI 11 and ATI home 2009.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 15:46 19 Jan 09

Very little, just a name change but if you have vista you need 11 or home 2009.

shellship 16:53 19 Jan 09

I, too am a Silver S, though there's not much of the silver left. I have been fiddling with computers since before my silver was brown and luxuriant and last year I got Acronis TI. Took me a while to get it going but now find it's marvellous. Go for it.

Rebanut 19:21 19 Jan 09

Well mine is still silver and I thank you for your help and all the other help too, this is a great forum if only some of the knowledge would stick in my brain, thanks again.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now