Back up

podlod 12:24 27 Mar 07

Hi again, I have an immense amount of documents and photos that I have to make copies of, just in case of a PC crash! Could you tell me what DVD to buy, and how to back everything up on my 2 drives, thanks for any help.

Technotiger 12:41 27 Mar 07

Hi, IMHO the best backup is Acronis True Image, back up to a second or external drive. It backs up absolutely Everything, including all your programs and personal settings.

Scottiedogg 12:45 27 Mar 07

I would steer away from DVD backup if you are looking to backup 2 HDD's. Although you haven't mentioned the capacity, it would obviously cost money and a lot of time. Look instead at either external HDD or Another internal (you can get 250GB SATA from around £50.00) This could then be used to just copy hard drives into partitions as you choose using backup software.

darrenrichie 12:49 27 Mar 07

I have to agree with Technotiger. I use True Image and it works a treat. I have had to restore a backup once or twice and it was a breeze to use and restored it perfectly. The interface is simple and easy to use and you would be backing up in no time at all.

podlod 11:00 28 Mar 07

Hi, thanks for the feedback, the only prob I have here is, as I live in France when I click on your link for backupncs, I keep getting the info in French, and I would prefer the english version, what do I do now?, thanks for any help again.

Technotiger 13:03 28 Mar 07

Try for Acronis from this UK link, should be able to download in English I would think.

click here

podlod 12:34 30 Mar 07

Thanks for being so prompt with your replies. Is it poss to get a DVD rewrite, if so what type and is it difficult to proceed doing it this way? Thanks for any help.

Technotiger 13:58 30 Mar 07

Using a DVD rewrite is a very bad idea when considering backups - they are far too easily corrupted or damaged, not nearly reliable enough for baking up and saving important data.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Animator Emanuele Kabu’s psychedelic video is a stunning tribute to Lisbon city

Best Mac antivirus 2017