Back up

Kingfisher 16:54 12 Jan 05

I installed the pc back up program from the Jan 2005 dvd, but when I tried to burn the back up file to a cd I got wn error message saying"wrong drive" I emailed customer support on 27th November and they replied "I have forwarded this to product support" and I am still waiting.
I have now uninstalled the program. Right thats my moan out of the way, so Question: I have two 80gig hard drives in my p.c.named c:\ & d:\ can I copy my documents folder, program files folder, and my windows folder to the other hard drive and could I copy them back to c:\ drive if I have any problems. Or can anyone suggest a reasonable back up program, many thanks

mattyc_92 17:43 12 Jan 05

You can move your "My Documents", but as for the "Program Files" directory... If you move it, then all the registry keys will point to the old location, so you wont be able to use most programs... Also some of the files wont allow you to copy them and others wont allow you to overwrite them!!!

I used to use Norton Ghost 2003 for system backups, but I kept on getting error messages and it would crash... So I now use "Acronis True Image 8.0" which works like a dream... I can backup my whole system within 1 hour and recover the entire system within 20 minutes.... click here to find out what you can do with Acronis True image, and how to buy/download the trial!!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…