Enoch 06:44 16 Jul 04

Help...I want to find the integral "Back-up programme" from within XP home user. It should be within System Tools, but in my case it is not. I understand that I can load it from the CD's supplied with my PC originally (I have a laptop) but I do not know from which CD I should load it and I do not want to experiment with the CD's I have in case of problems from mistakes I might make. Whoever has the answer, please be so kind as to advise me, but in simple language as I am a user not a technician.

howard60 06:48 16 Jul 04

enter backup in the search box on the left and you will find what you are looking for.

Enoch 07:27 16 Jul 04

I took your advice and found 83 items listed in the search programme-----which one is for me?

GroupFC 08:49 16 Jul 04

It’s in the “\VALUEADD\MSFT\NTBACKUP” folder on the setup CD, (assuming you have the full XP CD and not just a recovery CD!). All you have to do is click on NTBACKUP.MSI

Alternatively, you can get from click here

€dstowe 08:55 16 Jul 04

May I suggest that you look at an independent backup program to use rather than the integral Windows version.

Suggested ones include DriveImage, Acronis True Image and Norton Ghost. None of these are expensive to buy and Acronis has a free version. Each could save you a lot of heartache and trouble if the worst happens (and it does, more often thatn you could hope). Easiest to use is probably Acronis.

keenan 09:12 16 Jul 04

Having used 'Ghost' for some time and 'Acronis'
agree with €dstowe that Acronis is certainly the easier and quicker one to use.

For free trial version click here

Enoch 15:11 16 Jul 04

Thanks guys, hopefully you have solved the problem for me. Having looked at the integral backing up system, as you all thought, it was not enough for me. I have been using The Genie Back-up Manager, but having installed it last year they are now offering this years model, not just as an upgrade but as a replacement which bugged me. I have, on my system Norton Security Professional, which incorporates Virus-Checker, Fire-Wall and Web Tools (which includes an anti-spam service. What I now plan to do is take the advise so kindly offered and install Norton Ghost as I have a lot of faith in Norton. Thanks again guys, your help is appreciated

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…