Bacing up "My Documents"

Meshuga 07:25 29 May 07

I want to back up all of my documents to an external drive. I have tried by Right clicking om My Documents icon and then Send To but, on checking, the amount of used space showing appears to be so small that it appears that only the shortcut has transferred. What is the proceedure for transferring all of the data in the various folders in my documents please?

€dstowe 07:34 29 May 07

What I do is open My documents, select all (Ctrl +A) and then "Copy to" the drive you wish to use.

It is best to create a folder in the new drive to hold the files.

Meshuga 07:45 29 May 07

Thank you €dstowe,have tried as you suggest and having opened my documents and used Ctrl+A which highlights all the contents I cannot find a "Copy" symbol. What am I doing wrong please?

Meshuga 07:54 29 May 07

Apologies €dstowe, have just found it . Too early in the morning for me. Thanks again.

acein1 10:03 29 May 07

click here

have a look at this program,its one of my "must have ",excelant

Meshuga 13:43 29 May 07

acein1, Thank you.

€dstowe 13:54 29 May 07

I tend to do this via keyboard shortcuts but people tend to get confused when I try to explain what I mean but, here goes:

Ctrl + A (to select all)

Ctrl+ C (to copy to clipboard)

Open the destination folder then

Ctrl + V (to paste the contents of the clipboard)

GANDALF <|:-)> 14:27 29 May 07

If you right click the icon on your desktop and choose 'send to' all you are doing is copying the icon. As €dstowe wrote, the easy way is to open my documents- edit-select all-edit-copy and then paste to your new drive.

G

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Fresh New Fonts of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced