Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4
Like many others, I have recently been plagued, particularly in Firefox with the dreaded babylon Search Engine. I emailed babylon about this intrusive bit of software (search.babylon.com) and a copy of thjeir reply is shown below. I hope this helps:
1) Uninstall Babylon Software: http://support.babylon.com/index.php?/Knowledgebase/Article/View/177/0/uninstall-babylon-software
2) Change Babylon Home Page (Internet Explorer \ Firefox \ Google Chrome): http://support.babylon.com/index.php?/Knowledgebase/Article/View/175/0/change-babylon-home-page
3) Remove Babylon search provider http://support.babylon.com/index.php?/Knowledgebase/Article/View/174/0/change--babylon-search-engine
4) Uninstall Babylon Toolbar Software http://support.babylon.com/index.php?/Knowledgebase/Article/View/213/0/uninstall-babylon-toolbar-software
In order to stop this new tab issue, please do as follows:
Open your Internet Explorer browser, click on "Tools", then "Internet Options" and in the section "Tabs" click on "Settings". It will open a new window, on the option "When a new tab is opened, open:" in the drop-down menu please choose "Your first homepage". Then click OK, Apply and OK.
Issue Firefox : Go to the "Tools" menu and select "Add-ons". It will open a popup. Click in the "Extensions" tab. Look for the "Babylon Search" extension. Click the "Uninstall" button. Then close and reload Firefox.
To remove the search new tab in Firefox please use the following steps:
• In the address bar write : about:config
• remove the babylon “search.babylon.com” from the |keyword.URL” • change the search.babylon.com to any of the search provider you want example : ( www.google.com )
• remove the babylon “search.babylon.com” from the |extensions.babylontoolbar.newtaburl” • change the search.babylon.com to any of the search provider you want example : ( www.google.com )
To change the search engine in firefox
Click the small magnifier icon at the right top corner as shown in the image below. Select Manage Search Engines... from the list. Select Search the web (Babylon) and click Remove button. Click OK to save the changes. Go to Tools , Options. Under the General tab reset the startup homepage. That's it.
Issue Google Chrome
- Click on Customize and control Google Chrome icon. Go to Tools ? Extensions.
- Select Babylon Chrome OCR and click Uninstall.
- Click on Customize and control Google Chrome icon and select Options.
- Choose Basic
- Select Google from the list and make it your default search engine.
- Select Search the web (Babylon) from the list remove it by clicking the "X"
This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.