azureus

muffin1947 21:20 25 Dec 05

can anybody help me.I use azureus but whenever I have it running it really slows my computer down.When I reboot my computer and dont start up azureus everything is fine but once azureus is running every thing slows right down.....Why

VoG II 21:28 25 Dec 05

Probably because this program appears to be a P2P program using BitTorrent and as soon as you connect it is trying to grab stuff of other peoples' computers and they are doing the same to theirs.

Pop down to Dixons tomorrow - they are bound to have a sale on and, hey, it's legal to buy CDs from them.

phono 01:01 26 Dec 05

As well as the reason supplied by VoG™ I am nearly sure that Azureus is programmed in Java so unless you have a fairly meaty CPU it will slow your system down quite noticably.

If you want good cheap music try 101CD.com, CD-WOW, Tesco Jersy, amongst others, their prices are including VAT and delivery to your door.

Kev.Ifty 01:23 26 Dec 05

All P2P software use up your resources.

Removing it from your system is the best answer.

As with any of these types of programs you have to configure them correctly to suit you.

click here

Respect Copyright though!!!

sharkfin 04:09 26 Dec 05

the most likely suspect is that its based on Java like phono said. Anything that uses java on my system seems to slow the system down. You could try a different bit-torrent client and give that a try.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…