Award BIOS Upgrade

atoms 11:54 25 Dec 03

The BIOS on an old machine I have won't recognise a new 40gb Wester Digital drive I am trying to install. I have searched the driver.com site and located a new BIOS but it only makes reference to the first few digits ie Award ie450TX, with other references found on the site to Award Modular BIOS v4.51PG which a diagnostic program I ran on my PC reports as matching the BIOS.

Is this enough or do I need to match the whole reported string?

eg 12/09/97 i430TX-NS309-2A59IQ1IC-00

Forgive my ignorance!

howard60 12:09 25 Dec 03

nothing to forgive - we all started off not knowing a lot - have you identified your motherboard? The makers site is the first place I would look. Another thing you could try is the disk makers site they often have setup software to find, identify and install their drives.

Big Elf 12:27 25 Dec 03

It looks as though the Data Lifeguard tool at click here will do the job, according to the additional notes, that is providing you're using Win 98SE/ME/2000 or XP

goonerbill 17:30 25 Dec 03

down load program aida32. it will be able to tell you what make of motherboard you have. then go to makers website and look for bios update there.

its best to us a bios update from the maker rather than from someone else as they will also have instructions on how to flash the bios.

heres link to aida32
click here
personnal edition

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…