award bios error beeps

the old man 20:34 06 Oct 05

switched computer on about ten minutes ago and got a beep error of 1 long 2 short. the meaning of the error beeps is as follows,
"Indicates a video error has occurred and the BIOS cannot initialize the video screen to display any additional information".
does anyone have any idea why this happened. it took me three goes to get started and that was only when i disconnected all usb's and put them back in.
I use an NVidia fx5200 128mb with upto date drivers installed two weeks ago and monitor is a 17 inch crt.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 20:43 06 Oct 05

BIOS tests and initializes the video controller. Failure is normally the video controller (6845) or an improper setting of the motherboard or CMOS.

Stuartli 21:11 06 Oct 05

Check the graphics card's seating and connections for secure attachment.

josie mayhem 21:48 06 Oct 05

I had a fx5200 card and had to take it back, I kept getting the same troubles as you. I installed it, and no problems would happen then out of the blue it would go like yours and then I would have a hell of a job installing again. In the end I took it back.

This was on a abit board.

woodchip 22:21 06 Oct 05

This is a Graphics beep fault

Stuartli 22:52 06 Oct 05

Award's one long, two short beeps indicates either the graphics/video adapter is kaput or is not seated properly. Also that a check is made to ensure the monitor cable is connected properly.

Award beeps code:

click here

the old man 13:11 08 Oct 05

have checked graphic card seating and all cables and all fine. no new drivers installed recently. everything was working fine and has been been since but a bit worried. would it be wise to get a new graphics card before it goes altogether. i think it is trying to tell me something. have had my monies worth out of it and it has undoubtedly done its job.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch Series 2 review | Apple Watch 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter,…