Award bios beep code query

ray27 18:30 14 Jul 03

I have had some problems with Award bios beep codes on boot up.
I have posted this before but things changed
Sometimes I get just the one tone and on other occasions I have had as many as 4 or 5 in quick succession.

They are not all of the same scale but go up and down.
The most common one seems to be 2 tones, a short Da followed by a higher and longer Daaa.
There doesn?t appear to be anything wrong as the system seems to be working OK
I have made sure everything is in tight and the only thing I have found out that could be causing the tones is the printer and scanner USB2 ports.

If I unplug these two it appears to correct the problem.
Mesh says that I should send it back for them to check but as there doesn?t seem to be any thing wrong I don?t want to risk it going back and forward when there is no need.
I have checked out the Award bios beep code sites and there is no info on the tones that I am getting (on one site there is somebody enquiring about two tones he is getting that sound? s like the two that I get but he has not received a reply).
Has anybody come across this and can let me know what the two beep codes signify
Many thank Ray

Rayuk 18:38 14 Jul 03

click here

Have you checked your temps and fan settings?

ray27 18:48 14 Jul 03

No I havn't.
Do you mean temperature, and how do you check the fan settings ?

Rayuk 18:56 14 Jul 03

If you go into the bios should be on Hardware Monitor page

ray27 19:03 15 Jul 03

Hi seekit
Sorry for the late reply but I have been busy decorating (yes that?s right, in this weather)
I don?t call it ?the thing? anymore but I have renamed it seven of nine.

Someone on the forum suggested that computers responded to kind words and positive thoughts, you know a Karma thing).
With reference to the beeps I have been getting, incidentally you described them very accurately, I think I may have cracked it.

If I unplug the printer and scanner from the USB ports it boots up with just the one tone.

I have tried this about six times and so far it seems to have cured the beep.

Only time will tell I will post an update when I am sure this is the cure.

Thanks again for all your help

Ray

ray27 20:40 15 Jul 03

Just thought I would update you on the last post.
Unpluging the scanner and printer is not the solution .
Although it seemed to cure it the tone's are still there.

ray27 19:05 25 Jul 03

As there does not appear to be anything wrong I am going to put up with the tones until something does go wrong and then take action.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…