AVToolTipView driving me mad

14all 17:21 30 Jan 04

After woking on my PC about 2 hours, my Firewall ask's if it can let this application out on not.

As I have no Idea of what it is or where it comes from I have been blocking it from leaving my PC.

Thats when the problems begin, If I try to shut down after I have Blocked it the POP up saying that AVToolTipView is still running,I normally pick to end task, the Pop up disappears but it takes 15 minutes for my PC to shut down.

Has anyone got any Ideas of where to find this application, I've looked everywhere but sill unable to locate it.
Some guidance is needed gentlemen before I go round the twist.
I am running Win ME with Ex 6

14all

johnnyrocker 17:47 30 Jan 04

do you have any anti spyware on board.

johnny.

14all 18:25 30 Jan 04

johnny

Yes I do have Ad-aware 6.0

I ran that but it didn't show it up unless I wasn't looking hard enough.
I was rather feed up at the time.

14all

johnnyrocker 19:34 30 Jan 04

click here and download spybot also click here as an alternative trojan/spy catcher, is your adaware up to date as there has been s few updates in the last few days.

johnny.

14all 20:12 30 Jan 04

johnny

No my ad-aware wasn't up to date, but it is now.

Thanks for the other sites with what you have shown me I should be able to get the little blighter. :-)

Cheers 14all

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…