AVS pop-up and scan.

pinnicat 15:52 23 May 10

Hi guys. I have managed to pick up a virus or two from facebook anfd although AVG seems to have gotten the worst out the way I am getting a pop-up programme that runs a scan and warns of twenty viruses on my system. I can get it off the screen through Task manager but it's every five minutes.
Any ideas please.
Vista SP2

pinnicat 16:48 23 May 10

Surely someone can help me with this?

rdave13 17:02 23 May 10

Two programs I'd download, update and run.
Superantispyware first and run in safe mode.
Second is Malwarebytes Antimalware. This program should be updated and run in normal mode. Run full scans on each. Free versions obviously.
click here

click here

pinnicat 19:43 23 May 10

Cheers Mr. 13
It took two and a half hours but Malaware finally picked the three files up and binned the little beggars.
Just rebooted and so-far so-good.
Cheers mate.

rdave13 19:50 23 May 10

Glad it worked. Sometimes, though, Malwarebytes is thwarted by this type of malware, hence the reason to run SAS in safe mode first.
Keep both programs as they will be invaluable for fighting future problems.
Just manually update and run some quick scans from time to time.

rdave13 20:02 23 May 10

PS. When you are sure the infection is cured could you please tick the box and click resolved.
Makes it easier for us to browse so that any resolved issue shows up just as that.
Many thanks.

pinnicat 20:03 23 May 10

Appreciated. Took your advice in full for future reference.
Regards.

johnnyrocker 20:06 23 May 10

no tick as resolved?

johnny

pinnicat 20:45 23 May 10

I bladdy did...Ok, I shall do it again.
Jeez.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…