Avoiding spambots on webpages

Patr100 12:29 31 Jan 07

I'm in towo minds about this.

Which is less likely to attract spambots successfuly harvesting email address from webpages- Using an email obfuscator or simply placing the address in plain text (ie not as a clickable link) thus removing the tell-tale maito: markup?

-

Patr100 20:01 31 Jan 07

yeah there's a few ways - Images take a little more preparation - for simplicity just couldn't really decide between the two I mentioned.

Adding extra characters to be removed is probably simple but effective but I find looks a little ugly.

-

FreeCell 11:33 08 Feb 07

Try this. Found it works quite well, but once a spammer has an address then of course it offers no protection.

click here

FreeCell 15:20 08 Feb 07

fourm member

Yes you are correct and the article makes the issue of webpage users needing javascript enabled clear. I offer it as one more possible solution and leave it to others to decide which compromises they may have to make.

Clic 11:30 13 Feb 07

I get a hundred junk mails a day from my website email outlook express link. I need customers to contact me with as little effort as possible, but I am not getting much genuine response-just rubbish. I have installed "cloudmark" but dont really know what to do to minimise the problem. Help?

anchor 13:49 14 Feb 07

I use Outlook 2003 and find its junk mail filter very effective.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…