avira or sptware doctor with anti virus

lesbos123 01:41 30 Oct 08

i am currently using avira free and spyware doctor for anti spyware i have seen sd with anti virus would it be advisable to run avira aswell or just sd with anti virus any help be gratefull

User-1229748 02:39 30 Oct 08

only run one anti virus,out of the options you've got there i would run avira and spyware doctor anti spyware only

birdface 08:03 30 Oct 08

I would agree with smackheadz,If you can turn off Spyware Doctors anti-virus and just use the anti-spyware part along with Avira that should be fine.

FatboySlim71 09:23 30 Oct 08

I have the Spyware Doctor with anti virus and I use free Avira.

It is possible to use Spyware Doctor without the anti virus part, I believe now it isn't possible to purchase Spyware Doctor without anti virus. To disable the anti virus part, do the following:

1: Load up Spyware Doctor.

2: On the left handside click SETTINGS. After you have clicked on this you should see an option called "ANTIVIRUS SETTINGS" click on this, next remove the tick in the "ENABLE FULL ANTIVIRUS INTEGRATION".

I can confirm that this method does work because when I go into Security Center it shows that "AVIRA IS UP TO DATE AND SWITCHED ON ETC" whereas if Spyware Doctor's anti virus were running it would either show Avira & Spyware Doctor anti virus were running or Avira or Spyware Doctor anti virus were running.

This is how I use Spyware Doctor etc:

I do not have the intelliguard/on demand running in the background all the time has I believe it can be a bit of a system hog. I basically run Spyware Doctor etc has and when I need to (usually once a day). After I have scanned and deleted any crap, I then right click on the Spyware Doctor's icon in the bottom right of the screen and select SHUTDOWN and then follow the on-screen instructions. After doing this Spyware Doctor plays no part on my system until the next time I want to run it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Hands-on: Samsung Galaxy S8 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Samsung's beautifully designed Galaxy S8 makes for better VR experiences too

47 iPhone camera tips to help you take better photos