Avira Anty Spyware

March Wind 20:07 08 Jul 11
Answered

I have a message saying upgrade, not that I want to pay. I am using the free version. I clicked on it, now I have a message saying Get WebGuardand the Avira /searchFree Toolbar. Should I go ahead and get this?

ams4127 20:18 08 Jul 11

With respect, this is your own personal decision. People here will tell you whether it works or not. As to whether you should get it, that's up to you.

If someone here says "Get it" and it subsequently knackers your computer, then you will blame these forums.

Sorry to be such a damp squib, but I'm sure you can see my point.

robin_x 20:41 08 Jul 11

I have used and stayed with Avira Free for 3 years.

But there was a bit of agro" target="_blank">http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1497291&highlight=avira+guard">agro re: WebGuard (I didn't install it).

Also some other nigglies recently for me.

So I uninstalled and installed Avast 6 Free.

So far, I am impressed. Whether it is diligent and not over zealous remains to be seen.

(Avast.com wouldn't let me get Free Version due to a hovering upgrade ad that I could not bypass. I got it from downloads.cnet.com)

robin_x 20:41 08 Jul 11
  March Wind 20:33 09 Jul 11
Answer

Thank you your info. Now I would like to close this thread along with many other but still not sure how. Here goes. If it doesn't go would you tell me how please

March Wind 20:34 09 Jul 11

x

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the 2017 Oscar-winning VFX of The Jungle Book were created

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…