Avira Antivirus

1st spring 08:35 01 Jan 11

I have Avira Antivirus Personal Free various. It has to be updated by 6 2011. I am not sure how to do it. I update every day but I still keep getting the message I have to update by 6 2011. I have got the website up where it says I can download the site. Will it be alright to download whilst I still have the same one running?

Sea Urchin 09:15 01 Jan 11
  michaelw 10:54 01 Jan 11

I'm uninstalling Avira free due to the annoying pop-up to buy which comes up every day on bootup. I'm going back to Avast free.

1st spring 11:50 01 Jan 11

I cannot find register information. Are you telling me it might be best if I didn't use this antivirus. Do you think it is best to use a different one. If so which? I am not very confident on the PC. Downloading, my heart is always in my mouth. If you tell me what I should do would you tell me step by step please.

john bunyan 13:55 01 Jan 11

I have used Avira happily on W7 since switching from XP with AVG a year ago. You can disable the pop up ad mentioned by michaelw.(see below)
Nearer the time you can update it - do not forget to run the normal update each day or so.

click here

1st spring 15:48 01 Jan 11

Remove or Disable Avira Free AntiVir “Upgrade to Premium” Popup Ad Notifier Nag Screen (avnotify)

Do you mean I can disable this? Will I be un installing it altogether? If the answer is yes I can remove this and still have the Avira free AntiVir. I will still be wondering how to update it in June as it keeps taking me to Cnet. Could you answer this also please.

I will be back.

john bunyan 16:10 01 Jan 11

Yes, you can disable the pop up - the free anti virus programme is unaffected. I expect nearer June that you can just re register. Same here but I am not bothered until nearer the time. Incidentally Avira saved me recently from a "install html reader" false claim on a google search page. Quickly removed the threat.If in doubt, download latest Avira to desktop; disconnect from internet; uninstall existing Avira; then run new installation from desktop. Reconnect to web; update Avira; remove pop up as above.

1st spring 18:19 01 Jan 11

If it's alright I will leave the well alone. It will remind me nearer the date (June) to update. Will I have to disable the one I have now by coming off line then re registering it again come June? Thank you for your help

michaelw 09:45 02 Jan 11

The only operating system which you can't disable the annoying pop-up is XP Home, which is what I've got.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Gear VR vs. Daydream: Which delivers the best VR experience?

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5