Avira Antivir Personal Free

FatboySlim71 08:56 22 Jun 08

I was just wondering if anyone knows how to get this to update more than once in 24 hours, as looking at the settings it seems to me that it will only update once every 24 hours unless the user does it manually.

Also, I believe with the free version that there is no email scanning for inbound/outbound email, I was wondering if anyone can recommend a good program for scanning inbound/outbound email.

Any help would be much appreciated.

User-1229748 09:04 22 Jun 08

i think if you click on administration,then scheduler,then to the right of overview click on insert new job and schedule another update

FatboySlim71 09:22 22 Jun 08

smackheadz

Thanks for your help its much appreciated. I took you advice and I have added 7 schedule updates, so I now have Avira checking 7 times a day now for updates : )

I think I'll start a new post for a "good program for scanning inbound/outbound email".

birdface 10:06 22 Jun 08

From another thread.click here

provider 2 10:26 22 Jun 08

No need. Scroll down to Standard Resident Protection re. e-mails:

click here

FatboySlim71 11:13 22 Jun 08

Thanks all for the help.

provider 2

Your link is for Avast, I tried Avast before Avira but did not like it, basically I got more bluescreens when I used it than I have ever had previously, too much of a coincidence to be anything else IMO as it all happened from when I started using Avast.

provider 2 12:18 22 Jun 08

FatboySlim,

Being a fanboy of Avast!,I`m sorry to hear that. It`s not a common experience with Avast! users as far as I know but, of course, it`s not unheard-of either.

The cause of it may be related to something other than Avast! itself, however:

click here

brundle 12:21 22 Jun 08

Does that mean you put up with some blue-screen crashes as a matter of course? Or just that Avast triggered them?

provider 2 12:52 22 Jun 08

Can`t help thinking it might have been caused by a faulty download. In which case an uninstall with the Avast! uninstaller, then a re-install would probably have fixed it, if the problem was indeed caused by an Avast! driver:

click here

User-1229748 13:54 22 Jun 08

no problem :-)

provider 2 15:50 22 Jun 08

avast! detects the connection to the Internet every 40 seconds and looks for new updates every 4 hours on default settings.

click here

I`ll go away now ;-)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…