Avid Free DV software unavailable to UK cutomers

TrustNoone 11:14 21 Mar 04

I Was intrigued by artcile in May 2004 issue on page 122-123. The advice to go and get Free DV was followed up this morning. Unfortunately, the Avid website (click here) registration page which must be completed before downloading the free (!) software accepts neither "Great Britain" nor "United Kingdom" nor "England" country codes so the download engine refuses to activate.

Laurence Grayson should have checked the site before recommending this video editing software. Surely, it would not have been too difficult. I do not think Avid will appreciate the bad feeling that I and others from UK now have about their gaffe in overlooking the UK on the country database!

Tell it you're in the USA.

GANDALF <|:-)> 11:33 21 Mar 04

I tried, highlighted 'Great Britain'and succesfully started the download. Was given a code and as the d/l was 42Mb I could not be bothered to continue. I sugest you try again before dissing one and all.

G

cycoze 11:52 21 Mar 04

Same as above , i could get it to except Great Britan .

If your still having trouble try the UK site click here , direct link to the UK Avid Free DV Registration & Download
is click here .

I have Dial up so unfortunatly wont be bothering with it .

cycoze 11:55 21 Mar 04

Same as above , i could get it to except Great Britan .

If your still having trouble try the UK site click here , direct link to the UK Avid Free DV Registration & Download
is click here .

I have Dial up so unfortunatly wont be bothering with it .

TrustNoone 12:04 21 Mar 04

Registration link to:

click here

The above error occurs when hit "submitting" button on registration page even with settings "Trusted Site" and "Parental Controls" off for NIS 2004.

Poor public relations here for Avid perhaps thanks to limited checking by author of article.

TrustNoone 12:09 21 Mar 04

Further information at the forum:

click here

[sorry, I don know how do the "click here" hyperlink thingy"]

It seems there is host of problems, and one poor guy claims his machine has not worked properly since he installed the software! Now I do not think I will even try this out at all. Windows Movimaker 2.0 is free and will serve for now afterall

GANDALF <|:-)> 12:10 21 Mar 04

You must live in Wales then. ;-)))

G

TrustNoone 12:10 21 Mar 04

I had to comment... I have never seen that happen before :-)

cycoze 12:16 21 Mar 04

Can i suggest you check all your security and browser settings , I Dont want to cause offence TrustNoone but GANDALF <|:-)> and myself had no problem with it , so seems unfair to make your above comments .

TrustNoone 12:28 21 Mar 04

OK: I switched firewall (hardware and software)off: no joy

Then enabled "DMZ" on router: no joy.

YOu guys who succeeded are much better at this than I; there is no other way I know to get the software. And I am paranoid that any snooper can access my system with all teh security features swtched off during the 42MB download which would take half an hour or so even with broadband.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…