avi wmv problems

suziecool 20:37 04 Sep 08

please help. everytime i go into a folder containing avi or wmv files in my pc the "windows explorer has encountered a problem and needs to close" sign pops up. the same happens everytime i try to play an avi or wmv file through my windows media player or media player classic or any such file. i have the best codec package but dont know whats going on.

Zeppelyn 22:08 04 Sep 08

Have you tried a restore point to just before this started happening? What codec package do you use. The only one I use for .avi files is Xvid.

rick808 23:57 04 Sep 08

Could well be due to an avi previewing prob - click here may well help you

suziecool 08:28 05 Sep 08

my codec is codec6030allin1. i have 2 pcs that have this problem pc 1 has done it for months. i have only just installed windows on the 2nd pc yesterday so do you think it might be the codec?

suziecool 08:32 05 Sep 08

sorry my codec is k-lite mega codec pack 2.2.9.

eedcam 09:04 05 Sep 08

May not be the codecs why not try a better player VLC Player its free
click here

rick808 18:17 05 Sep 08

install the latest k-lite codec pack - click here
and try the fix which I posted above which will stop your folders corrupting when you try to open them

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

New MacBook Pro 2017 release date, UK price and tech specs: Kaby Lake MacBook Pro to launch in…