avi to vcd or svcd

struggle8 15:53 21 Apr 03

I have an avi file on my pc that I want to put on to cd-r. I have tryed to us the copy software that I have, NTI cd maker 2000 pro but when I try to convet avi to vcd it crashes as so with nero is there any more cd copying software that I could try that has the avi to vcd like nero for p4 2.4ghz 256 mb mem 128 graphics win xp home. basically I want to convert avi to mpeg for free as I dont want to but another cd copying software as I have 2 already.

BBez 18:18 21 Apr 03

click here and look for guides on .avi to vcd with TMPGEnc (mpeg encoding util) then click here and goto the downloads section to get the util...

siouxah1 21:56 21 Apr 03

Have read your thread and assume you have nero. Do you have both burning progs installed? If so remove one, perhaps leaving nero. Go to the nero site and upgrade to latest. free if you have a previous version of Nero. I understand that nero does not seem to like co-existing.

I regularly use nero to burn VCD to CDR using AVI file and have no problems.

Regards Brian j

struggle8 15:33 22 Apr 03

took out nti left nero no good still freezes reinstalled nti did same but now getting the error CD1.DVDSCR.XVID-VITE.AVI has a bad start code now Im totally lost.

BBez 23:42 22 Apr 03

your .avi is probably using the relatively new XVID codec. It's still under development and is updated regularly. You have to use a dedicated encoder like TMPGEnc and alter the environmental settings to get the codec to read correctly...

Nero etc's built in mpeg encoders are poor quality encoders and will not read non standard coedcs without the appropriate plugins

check out the earlier links...

struggle8 13:28 26 Apr 03

Ihave tryed TMPGEnc the picture if fine but I cannot get no sound and another error now uninstalled it.

struggle8 13:32 26 Apr 03

oh if its the vidx codec is that why I have sound on some of my avi files and not on otheres is so what is the best codec to use as I dont have the slitest ideas in this department the codec Ihave installed at the moment is XviD-04102002-1 thats the downloaded program

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…