avi to svcd

Blix 20:00 23 Feb 03

Just burned an avi file to svcd with Nero with mpeg2 encoder installed. Problem is the finished product plays upside down and back to front.(!!!) Original plays fine on my computer and when played through my TV. Any ideas? Surely this isn't a codec problem if the original works....is it?

Blix 20:07 23 Feb 03

p.s.
just tried it on my DVD player, (svcd compatible) also plays upside down and back to front.(????)

KCR 13:20 27 Feb 03

Hi,

Where did you get the MPEG2 encoder from ?

I could really do with this !!!!

Thanks

siouxah1 21:07 27 Feb 03

Blix,

I have used the Nero mpeg2 encoder with no problems. You might try here with your question if nothing on this forum.

KCR You will be able to buy the Nero mpeg2 encoder from their web site in Germany. I seem to remember they charge in dollars US but the credit card converted to about £11 GB. Works quite well.

Regards Brian

ShorN 10:23 28 Feb 03

Your first problem was using Nero to encode the avi movie! only use nero for burning (what it does best!) You will need to convert from avi to mpeg1/2 using a decent encoder program such as TMPNGc this will create your svcd/vcd you can then burn onto cds with nero. Try click here
for great tutorials and links to all the tools you would need. It takes a bit of playing to get the optimum quality but its worth it in the end!!

Just a hint if your avi file is about 700mb you can encode it to 2 vcds at a bitrate of 1700.

Also check out digital-digest.com for lots of help in there forums.

Hope this helps!!
Beware it gets addictive!!!

Blix 16:31 28 Feb 03

Thanx people. All ready had TMPNG and the web page. I guess I was just too lazy. Everything is working fine now, thanx for the kick up the ar$e.

Blix 16:32 28 Feb 03

Thanx people. All ready had TMPNG and the web page. I guess I was just too lazy. Everything is working fine now, thanx for the kick up the ar$e.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 7 simple tips to get more out of…