AVI, MPG files to DVD software ??

sobeitjedi 17:14 09 Feb 04

Hi.

Does anyone know the name/version of a piece of software that I can buy/download to write avi or mpg files to DVD's so that I can watch them on a standard DVD player as a normal DVD.

My DVD writer is the NEC 1300a and I'm using Nero 5.5 (can I do it with Nero?).

Will rewritable discs work?

Thanks in adavance for your help.

siouxah1 18:36 09 Feb 04

If you want to use Nero I believe you can do it with Nero vision express, but you will need to purchase a plug in for Mpeg2. This will do the encoding of AVI file to mpeg and write to disc.

The other way is to use TMPGenc to do the encoding. This is free from here.

click here.

There are alternatives available see here for all things DVD.

click here

Regards Brian j

There are those more knowledgeable than me who may well add further to this info.

R4 19:23 09 Feb 04

Lots of option and guides here :- click here

Smiler 19:24 09 Feb 04

Add to my list, ta!

siouxah1 19:25 09 Feb 04

Further to the above,

Re writable discs should work if your DVD player supports them. (See second site above.)

In practice I have had nothing but problems with this type of media and no longer use them. Other people have very little problem. Try one first before buying many.

Another source of software is on the ULead site. See here

click here

Other people swear by Pinnacle.

I have not used Pinnacle, so cannot comment. ULead do produce some good programmes that have been very stable for me.

Regards Brian j

y_not 19:52 09 Feb 04

With the file conversion programmes the output files are AUDIO_TS & VIDEO_TS files.

The AUDIO_TS file will be empty but the VIDEO_TS file will contain VOB files. Drag the entire contents of the VIDEO_TS file to Nero and burn those - Nero will produce the AUDIO_TS & VIDEO_TS files for you; don't delete the AUDIO file even though its empty - your DVD player looks for that file first.

Hope this helps and makes sense.

You could look at the contents of a commercial DVD to see how the files are laid out on the DVD to gain an insight

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…