Avi to mpeg2 convert out of sync

Thomo1 12:18 29 Oct 06

I have winmpg video convert full version.

When converting avi files to mpeg2 the mpeg files sound starts off slightly out of sync with the picture, and gets progressivly worse throughout, after 45 minutes its about 1 second out.

The avi file plays fine and in sync but not so when converted to mpeg2.

Any1 have any ideas what up and how to go about resolving the matter?

Thanks

Jak_1 12:36 29 Oct 06

Try this from Irfanview, freebie but extensive.

click here

anchor 13:09 29 Oct 06

Jak_1: I am puzzled.

According to their list of supported file types, Irfanview does not support avi or mpeg2 files.

anchor 13:14 29 Oct 06
  baldtaco 13:17 29 Oct 06

Eliminate your transcoder is surely the first variable. Try this: click here

Jak_1 13:22 29 Oct 06

Ifanview supported files:

This free image viewer and converter supports an extensive list of formats:

Supported file types:

AIF, ANI/CUR, ASF, AU/SND, AVI, B3D, BMP/DIB, CAM (Casio JPG), CLP, DDS, Dicom/ACR, DJVU, ECW, EMF/WMF, EPS/PS/PDF, FITS, FlashPix (FPX), FSH, G3, GIF, HDR, ICO/ICL/EXE/DLL, IFF/LBM, IMG (GEM), JPG2000, JPG, JPM, KDC, LDF, LWF, MED, MID/RMI, MNG/JNG, MOV, MP3, MPG, MrSID, NLM/NOL/NGG, OGG, PBM/PGM/PPM, PCX/DCX, PhotoCD, PIC, PNG, PSD, PSP, RAS/SUN, RAW, Real Audio (RA), RLE, SFF, SFW, SGI/RGB, SWF (Flash/Shockwave), TGA, TIF, TTF, TXT, WAD, WAL, WAV, WBMP, WBZ/WBC, XBM, XPM, CRW/CR2, DNG, NEF, ORF, RAF, MRW, DCR, SRF, X3F, CAD formats.

baldtaco 13:34 29 Oct 06

Jak_1

Precisely, that. It is an image viewer [darn fine one], that also plays some other formats by dint of pluggins. An instance being if you have the Quicktime Alternative you could use the pluggin to play the .MOV format listed there. It well not transcode .avi to .mpeg 2.

I can only reiterate. click here

Jak_1 13:41 29 Oct 06

Try this then:

click here

baldtaco 13:59 29 Oct 06

Dude that's "Shareware" and costs "$29 to purchase". The one I flagged up is free and massively flexible, the only better one I know of is at BitBurners, and is also free. click here

Jak_1 14:07 29 Oct 06

baldtaco
Excuse me for trying to help!

baldtaco 14:15 29 Oct 06

Jak_1

You sound offended.

That is as unfortunate as it is unnecessary. That's all we're both attempting surely.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…