seancblack 22:16 15 Dec 03

any suggestions for converting AVI files into Mpeg2 guys.

Jonathan314159 22:39 15 Dec 03

I use Pinnacle Studio 8, but then I am using the software mainly for editing etc, so its a bit over the top just for converting AVI to MPEG. No doubt there are cheaper or free options around.

The following site has loads of info - its bound to have an article on this, and probably will tell you free software (or trial software) you can use. click here

One word of warning - the conversion takes a long time - eg a an hour of AVI takes several hours to convert to MPEG2

©®@$? 23:52 15 Dec 03

hi, my brother is using pinnacle studio 8 and its his first time doing it..

he has a holiday he has edited and saved, but it is about 8gb..he has nowconverted it into mpeg 2, is there anyway that he can save space but be keep the quality..i recommended converting it to divx (avi) but do you know how this is possible..

or any idea what is the best way to go about it thanks

rawknroll 04:17 16 Dec 03

To get an AVI file to MPEG2/4 or Divx/xvid is easy. If your rich/amoral. If u have Premier/Pinnacle Studio et al installed you can export the movie to divx whatevr in the settings(provided you have Divx codec installed see click here . Another optionis discreet cleaner, which will covert anything to anything, again cost is the issue.
My main concern is, as stated, why MPEG2? If its only going to be seen on a PC then DivX is better. If your wanting to put it in DVD, youll need yet more sotware. Anyway, on the subject of avi - mpeg try here click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Surface PC live stream | Surface PC release date, price, spec rumours: All-in-one…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

Apple's event invitations decoded: A look back at 16 of Apple's most cryptic invites | Clues in…