AVI Movies onto DVD Disc wont go

CHRoNÏÇ DÂWG 19:55 09 Feb 05

I recently bought a DVDRW to store all my Movies on, as i was running out of room keep using CDR disc's, most of them are about 700mb so i thought i could get around 4 per disc,

the problem i having is when i go to put them on dvd it says i have to covert them to dvd files,
but that defeats the object, what am i doing wrong? i know there has to be a way of just putting 4 AVI files on a DVD.

please tell me what im doing wrong.

im using nero 6 vision express
but i also have ashampoo shrink & burn

JonnyTub 19:58 09 Feb 05

If they're just avi files, burn the compilation as a data disk.

toni b 19:58 09 Feb 05

Just drag on drop the file into nero thats it.
I am doing the exact same thing as we speak.

fuzzyone 19:58 09 Feb 05
  toni b 20:05 09 Feb 05

Use the dvd data option in nero smart start as Jonny Tub says,not in vision express as this is converting the files into a dvd format as you are telling it to make a dvd (so it is converting the file from avi to dvd format)

CHRoNÏÇ DÂWG 20:28 09 Feb 05

thanx people,

i can always rely on you to come up with the goods

just gonna do a burn now.

CHRoNÏÇ DÂWG 20:53 09 Feb 05

when i went to burn it i got this message
you are about to create a multi session write once DVD disc session number 2 and above will not be readable on some dvdrom drives and operating systems prior to XP.

How do you want to continue? A]burn multi session anyway

B]burn without multi session

or C]Cancel

whats all this about, and which one should i choose?

thanx again CD

toni b 20:58 09 Feb 05

* Start Multisession disc if this is a new media that has never been written to. With this option selected, it is possible to burn more data on the media sometime in the future, hence the name multisession.
* Continue Multisession disc if the media has been created at a previous session using the Start Multisession disc option. In this way it is possible to append or update data already written on the media.
* No Multisession if this is going to be a one time burn and no more data is going to be written in the future. This restriction also applies to rewriteable media, which will require that you erase the rewriteable media first, before being able to write new data.

CHRoNÏÇ DÂWG 21:13 09 Feb 05

i get it now!!!!

thanks for clearing that up toni

toni b 21:23 09 Feb 05

Your welcome,if problem is resolved please tick box thanks Toni

CHRoNÏÇ DÂWG 21:36 09 Feb 05

got to the end of the burn an got a

burn proccess failed message
could not perform disc at once.

i have saved the error log if that will help il post it up?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is ransomware and how do I protect my PC from WannaCry?

What I learned from my mentor, Oscar-winning VFX supervisor Phil Tippett

Siri vs Google Assistant