avi to jpeg

eja1950 16:31 31 Dec 03

How or what do I need to convert AVI files to JPEG. Nero 5 refuses to copy, Windows media player and Real one player don't play it. Is there a programme that can bought or downloaded that can covert the above.

bremner 16:40 31 Dec 03

Are you sure - avi is a video format and jpeg is an image format (ie still picture)

Do you mean mpeg?

Wilham 17:21 31 Dec 03

eja1950: I too am having bother with AVI. I'd be pleased if bremner or others can suggest ways of converting avi to mpeg, and also to capture jpeg directly from avi as well.

GANDALF <|:-)> 17:28 31 Dec 03

click here $30

click here ..$30

click here and that'lll be free as well.

G

Diemmess 17:29 31 Dec 03

The sidestep I took to display .avi files was to load Apple QuickTime.
This was part of the software bundle with an Olympus camera.

The cowardly way (and a tedious one) to convert to jpg, is to run the file in Quicktime then freeze and screen dump. This involves the frilly edges of expensive Corel Capture, and the result shows how poor is the resolution of most avi.

There must be a simpler alternative?

GANDALF <|:-)> 17:30 31 Dec 03

click here free

G

Wilham 17:51 31 Dec 03

Brilliant, you're a mindreader. I'd just noticed your TMPGene site didn't include WinXP,- part of my troubles, and then this last one you give hits bang on target...sums up my problems with avi handling. Will keep me busy.. Thanks

leo49 18:02 31 Dec 03

TMPGenc does work in XP

click here

Wilham 19:13 31 Dec 03

Thanks, I didn't look further than the opening page;- it now will be explored. Thanks also to Diemmess, and eja1950,...it's reassuring to know other folk meet the same difficulty.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…