AVI Files in Powerpoint

fazza8 15:42 01 Apr 04

I am preparing a presentation and I want to include an AVI file taken with my digital camera. How can I get this to work?

Thanks in advance

TomJerry 15:47 01 Apr 04

"Insert" "Movie and Sounds" just like you insert a picture.

fazza8 16:11 01 Apr 04

I get an error message "Cannot display this type of sound or movie"

TomJerry 19:55 01 Apr 04

Have you got windowds media player installed?

It seems the Video Codec for avi files is not standardized. So, some avi file may not work in Powerpoint.

mpeg files are difinitely work. I tried in Office 2K, XP & 2003, all work. You can convert avi file into mpeg file using any video editing program and insert them into powerpoint.

y_not 21:26 01 Apr 04

The .avi file is both very large and, as stated, can cause problems with codecs.

I use lots of video in PowerPoint and always convert the files to mpeg1 ... I know mpeg2 is a better file format but my company (often they get shown on company PC's) are too tight to buy the mpeg2 codecs so insist that I must save them to mpeg1.

You can download (for free!) TMPGEnc from click here and, if you want some idea of how to use it a simple guide is click here

Have fun

Tony

fazza8 00:10 02 Apr 04

Cheers. TMPGEnc did the trick

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…