avi files

Chas49 10:50 27 Apr 09

Can you make Windows Media Player play AVI files? I know that VLC can but would prefer to use WMP if possible. I wonder why they didn't make this possible?

Is there a solution please?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 11:02 27 Apr 09

Download the Codec pack from click here

BIGDADDYG 19:21 27 Apr 09

right click on the avi file and choose program to open with choose w.m.player and that should do it , if not you may need a codec . hope this helps . bigdaddyg.

Chas49 20:42 27 Apr 09

Fruit Bat /\0/\ & BIGDADDYG:

Thanks both - sory for the delay. I've just finished wasting time trying to install a CSS system on my IP 4600. A thorough waste of time ,energy - not to mention hard cash! and has really taught me a lesson , which is, old age, poor eyesight and patience do not, in my case at least, encourage embarking upon new ventures of this kind. I don't know which hurts the most - the wasting of money or the realisation that I'm not so 'with it' as I thought 8-(

Chas49 21:27 27 Apr 09

Fruit Bat /\0/\

It appear that I installed the program you pointed me to - but - I had downloaded it gaian before I found that out. I uninstalled the old and installed the new, this found and deleted several other corrupted files. AVI now working OK. Thanks again.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…