AVI file need to add brightness in movie

FungusBoggieman 19:53 31 Dec 07

I have some christmas avi movie imported from my sony handy cam, If i plug the handycam inti audio vidio inputs on tv an play they are ok plays fine.
I have inported them on to the pc via a usb cable that came with handycam no problems their.
but when I burn to dvd or vcd with nero the dvd or vcd has become very dark which I dont know why.
Is it possible to get some software to brighten the avi file, ie add brightness to movie, I have tryed windows movie maker but after I import file and try to add the file to a time line windows movie maker just crashes(not responding) so I have given up trying to use it. any budding movie makers out there that have good knoladge of this kind of problem and have overcome it please helpas I would like to show family these movies.

eedcam 23:55 31 Dec 07

You ought to be importing via firewire for the best quality.Any editing softare could increase the brightness.Have you tried capturing to Movie maker to start with

BT 08:49 01 Jan 08

In Movie Maker, after you have imported the movie and put it in the timeline, choose 'Edit Movie' then 'View Video Effects' one of which is 'Brightness Increase'. You can apply the effect more than once if necessary.

Pinnacle Studio and Ulead VideoStudio both have facilities for altering Brightness and Contrast as will most other editing software.

Try Muvee Autoproducer 6 from
click here
for a 21 day free trial. Its a very simple program to use and gives good results, and will burn DVDs which MovieMaker doesn't.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Hands-on: Samsung Galaxy S8 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Samsung's beautifully designed Galaxy S8 makes for better VR experiences too

47 iPhone camera tips to help you take better photos