avi to dvd

sinbad1 16:42 22 Jun 05

looking for some free software to convert avi to dvd.
is this difficult and what sort of quality does this give.

any advise or info would be appreciated.

madPentium 17:04 22 Jun 05

For good results I dont think any are free.
Personally for beginners I would recommend WINAVI. Its so simple to use, but it doesnt
create chapters etc, just a playable set of VOB dvd files which you burn using nero.
I use tmpgenc plus, which is tricky for beginners. I then use tmpgenc dvd author to create menus and chapters. Then nero to burn.

john-232317 19:42 22 Jun 05

Type your title into the search on the left ;-)

sinbad1 22:02 22 Jun 05

thanks for your comments i have downloaded a free program called vso Divxtodvd which works well in converting avi to vob files and then using copy todvd which seems to work but is a bit long winded,
must be an easier way.

dadyassa, yes i have looked at previous posts ;but none the wiser.

siouxah1 22:48 22 Jun 05

Have you had a look here? Lots of good ideas.

click here

Regards Brian

sinbad1 22:58 22 Jun 05

nice one siouxah1 looks like some good info there
have added to fav will digest later

thanks

lightfeet 23:50 22 Jun 05

Where did you download your AVI file from? If it was from a digital camcorder I suggest you look on the disc that came with the camcorder as usually there is a simple authoring program on it to enable you to burn DVDs. I use Ulead VideoStudio 8 which I find easy to use & is perfectly adequate. Version 9 is out now so you could probably get version 8 quite cheaply on Ebay. Ulead MovieFactory 3 would also do the job & again you may be able to get it quite cheaply as it's been superceded

lightfeet 00:18 23 Jun 05

Further to my previous message I see there's VideoStudio 8 on Ebay at £7.49 Item No. 7164770779

rubella 00:21 23 Jun 05
  sinbad1 21:03 23 Jun 05

thanks all for responses i have downloaded the free software divxto dvd and dvd shrink with copy to dvd works fine.

thanks again

Noelg23 21:57 23 Jun 05

you might want to also get dvdSanta...very very good...its not free but for the money its damn worth it..

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…