Avi to DVD

Fr0z3n 01:08 15 Jun 04

Any advice on transferring avi files toi a DVD som i can view them in my home DVD player on my TV.

I can tried numerous apps and get no luck at all.

If i burn the DVD and try in my standalone DVD player i hear the disk spinning but i stay at the load screen and nothing happens. Also xp pro doesn't recognise the DVD disk either. Any help/Advice here.

SANTOS7 01:13 15 Jun 04

click here this will help, good luck

fazer 15:49 15 Jun 04

What I do is use the free Windows Movie Maker 2 to edit the footage or at least get all the clips into one saved file on the hard disk.

Because AVI are either type I or II (WMM2 uses typeI),I then have to convert them to type II using a free programme called Canopus (or something similar!) - sorry, I can't remember the link.

Once converted, your (now)type II Avi can then be imported into your DVD writing/editing software and burned as usual.

Please bear in mind though that the age old adage of crap-in, crap-out still applies. Your TV screen will not be as forgiving as your computer monitor when watching downlaoded video or similar.

stlucia 16:25 15 Jun 04

Have you just dragged and dropped your .avi files onto a DVD? You normally need to 'create a DVD' using any of the main burning softwares.

SirGalahad2004 11:23 16 Jun 04

Try this link .click here will give you all the info you need

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…