avi to dvd

adamllevo 17:34 03 May 04

is it really simple to convert avi/mpeg to dvd format??? and how do you do it???? someone said it takes forever!!Any suggestions?? Want it to play on a stand alone player!!

jonnytub 17:38 03 May 04

i use my sonic dvd software that came bundled, all dvd writing is slow in comparison to cd even with 8 speed drives, however the MySonic software does convert avi, mpeg and a couple of other formats to a standard that will play on a stand alone machine

stalion 17:43 03 May 04

it is the rendering that takes a long time when burning to dvd best to let your computer do it when you are not useing it for anything else,also do not use any other programs while burning as this can cause problems with the burn Regards

JFT 18:47 03 May 04

Look at the guides here click here

They shoul tell you everything you need to know!

QuickHare 19:00 03 May 04

PC Advisor had CyberLink PowerProducer and another software package on their coverdisc. It converts AVI files into a variety of formats, including VCD, SVCD and DVD, then can record it onto CD-R/RW or DVD disc.

alnwrd 22:13 03 May 04

i gave up on pinnacle capturing to avi files and bought an adaptec videoh. This captures direct to mpeg and there is no lengthy rendering, and the mpeg files are much smaller.

I use either windvr or sonic mydvd. It does not take long to write to dvd especially with 1.5gb ddr ram and pentium 4 3.0ghz processor.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This stop-frame animation tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…