avi from digital camera - problems!

MaxUpload 18:47 31 Jul 08

My niece has a Ricoh Caplio R7 digital camera which she has used to record some video as part of a job application.

Although the site to which the file has to be uploaded accepts avi - and the file format from the camera identifies it as avi the file is "not compatible"

I have tried to convert the file to one of the other acceptable formats i.e. mp4,qt or mov but all fail!

The problem , according to the google lies in the audio format which on analysing the file is "CCITT u-law".

Help!!

eedcam 18:59 31 Jul 08

Dont forget avi is Not a format.Perhaps this just might if you can just do the audioclick here

MaxUpload 19:52 31 Jul 08

Thanks for the replies.

Marg7 - Looked at your link and got all the info on the file which turns out to be of the type "mjpeg [Hoffman]"

Searching for a means to convert this file has led me to believe that the boffins at Ricoh have the world beaten on this one!

I'm closing this thread and will find a way of getting a video camera to my niece to allow her to complete this project.

Thanks.

MaxUpload 20:30 31 Jul 08

It's done!

Converted to dvd using ConvertXtoDVD and burned it then used handbrake to convert it to mp4!

Thanks again for your help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 7 simple tips to get more out of…