Is AVI The Best For The Net?

kinger 10:21 10 May 07

Hi everyone, I'm looking for a little advice on which video format to use in my new project.

I am currently selling a CDROM offline which features 12 videos of how to get started using the Internet.

However, when I decided to make it a downloadable product, it turned out to be a massive 162MB in size.

So I gave the customer the choice of one file to download all the videos or to download them one at a time.

The files are AVI which got me wondering if I can convert them to a smaller file type to make downloading them a lot less hassle.

Which format would you advise and will Adobe Premiere Elements 3.0 be able to convert the files?

Would I lose too much quality by converting or are they better left in the AVI format?

Any comments welcomed.

imacd 14:55 10 May 07

What about converting them to Flash or Quicktime - we recently created some e-learning packages at work and they had avi files - nearly fried the network! We sent them to a guy who specializes in AV and they came back as Flash files less than 10% of the original size, but still good quality - not sure how he did it though!?.

kinger 16:17 10 May 07

Thanks imacd, I will look into Flash as that seems popular and most people should be able to view it.

I imagine that there is converting software out there somewhere.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…